Are you looking for a new opportunity in Human Resources?
Racine Metal-Fab is looking for a HR Generalist for a manufacturing company of 65 employees.
Under the direction of the CFO the Generalist will have the opportunity to experience several HR functions such as recruitment, onboarding, benefit administration, training and development, and employee relations.
- Source candidates.
- Complete phone screens, interviews, and pre-employment tasks.
- Schedule and administer onboarding program to ensure a smooth and successful transition of new hires.
- Schedule and administer offboarding program to ensure information is gathered from the exit interview, final employment information is shared, and company property is collected.
- Benefits Administration
- Provide information to employees about their benefits and any benefit changes.
- Resolve employee complaints related to benefits.
- Manage annual open enrollment.
- Training and Development
- Research, source, and/or administer training for safety, compliance, development, and any other necessary training.
- Maintain accurate training records.
- Coordinates, initiates, and monitors development process of employees.
- Employee Relations
- Maintains employee files.
- Processes, distributes, and trains on employee handbook changes.
- Assists in investigations.
- Coach and mentor managers on employee policy, regulations, and employment practices.
- Wellness Services
- Lead the company’s wellness team
- Plan, develop, implement, and monitor the company’s wellness initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate annul health screenings, lunch and learns, and other wellness activities.
- Youth Apprenticeship Program
- Work closely with the State and local school district to recruit, select, onboard, and mentor Youth Apprentices for Manufacturing and Engineering.
- Ensure proper paperwork is submitted in a timely manner to the State and the school
- Participate in Youth Apprenticeship activities including but not limited to: See Your Future Expo, Coordinated Site Visits, and school presentations.
- Recommend department improvements.
- Participate in development of department goals.
- Answer routine inquiries from inside and outside the company.
- Obtain, maintain, and report safety records.
- Serve as a member of the Safety Committee.
- Serve as a back up to payroll.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 1 – 3 years of experience or 5 + years of previous human resources/benefit experience.
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Courteous and professional customer service attitude.
- Ability to deal effectively with pressures and stress that can change hourly