Are you an energetic person? Do you like the challenge of looking for the best? Are you good at negotiating with suppliers?
Check to Racine Metal-Fab!
Racine Metal-Fab (RMF) currently has an opening for a Supply Chain Specialist. We are looking for the right person to procure materials and supplies for our sheet metal fabrication business.
This person will source and purchase needed materials, negotiate price and terms with vendors, and work with various RMF departments.
- Identifies, evaluates, implements and optimizes sources of supply and service.
- Selects supplier based on competitiveness, secures quotes, and negotiates pricing and terms.
- Initiates purchase orders for supplies and manufacturing services.
- Analyzes market price and trends, informing management of pending changes.
- Inventory Control
- Implements and maintains Kanban system.
- Implements and coordinates VMI Programs.
- Supplier Relations
- Researches and interviews current and prospective suppliers.
- Visits suppliers to resolve product concerns.
- Reports suppliers’ key metrics (i.e. Supplier Report Card)
- Interdepartmental Relations
- Effective written and oral communication skills among varying levels in the organization.
- Works with Shipping and Receiving Department to coordinate logistics on purchased materials and outside sourcing.
- Works with engineering and operations to investigate supply failures and formulate resolution.
- Present information and respond to questions from engineering, sales, operations staff, accounting staff, vendors, and customers
- 4 year degree in business or related field
- 2 + years of supply chain experience and/or Certification in Purchasing
- Knowledge of Lean concepts and Continuous Improvement
- Reading, analysis, and interpretation of supplier contracts and manufacturing drawings
- Well organized with the ability to handle, plan, and follow through on multiple projects
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment and with ERP systems is a plus.