Racine Metal-Fab is looking for a Value Stream Manager (VSM) to join our team. The VSM will collaborate with customers, sales, and operations to create, implement, trouble shoot, and monitor product implementation up and through full production. They will also serve as a high-level mentor to their designated manufacturing work team.
- Leading and monitoring production associates to ensure on-time delivery
- Research, investigate, and make suggestions to the team for process improvements
- Collaborate with the team and lead development and implementation of process improvements
- Project managers new product launches
- Working the Customer Development Team (CDT) offers suggestions for product design and manufacturability
- Working with (CDT) responsible for quoting and tooling purchases/design and coordination of tooling lead-time
- Oversees the first run production of product launches
- Review and rework process inefficiencies
- Perform internal Engineering Change Notice (ECN) derived from the shop floor.
- Work with teams to address down machinery and maintenance issues.
- Acts as a backup for Project Engineer; Interact with customers and internal engineering and operation to quote and produce parts that meet customers expectations.
- Team Manager
- Coach and mentor direct reporting team members.
- Establish and maintain operator training documentation: procedures, expectations
- Monitor and evaluation direct reporting team members performance and training
- Take actions to continuously improve team: select individuals for training opportunities, work with team to identify areas of production improvement
- Ensure all employees have the necessary tools to perform their job at above or expected efficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial/Mechanical Engineering/Operations Management with 5+ years of experience or 12 + years of experience in an industrial/manufacturing management role
- Fluent in Microsoft Office and 3D-CAD software
- Understanding of product structure; bill of materials and manufacturing routes, motion and time studies, sheet-metal fabrication techniques, Lean Manufacturing techniques, commercial lighting or OEM related manufacturing, and quality process
Preferred, above qualifications and,
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or Inventor, Fabriwin/Metalsoft, 2D nesting software
- Working knowledge of ISO or similar program