What’s Your Challenge?
I need to…
Ensure a workable design.
- Customer design tolerances causing assembly fit problems
- Met with customer to verify critical dimensions
- Performed Design for Manufacturability review
- Matched standard machine tolerances to specific production operations
- Accurate fitment of parts
- Ease of assembly
- Repeatable quality
Get my product to market fast.
- Shorten lead-time from design concept to full production
- New Product Implementation Team
- Produced prototype in 2 days with CAD model only
- Evaluated design with customer to identify needed changes
- Developed production quotes based on customer needs
- Evaluation of fit, form and function in 2 days
- Shortened design iteration process by 3 weeks
Reduce my number of suppliers.
- Too many suppliers that are only good at part of my products development and life cycle
- “Speed to Market” used New Product Implementation team gets you prototypes for testing in 1-5 days
- Design for Manufacturability procedures, designing functionality and best cost options
- Soft tooling, hard tooling and roll forming options for any annual volume
- Lean operations and culture that keep costs under control
- Reduced supplier base
- One supplier that can support all cycles of the product life
- Ease of transition from stage to stage of development
Cut part costs.
- Domestic and foreign pricing pressure is causing market and margin erosion
- Full Kaizen of entire supply chain performed – Kaizen E-Book
- Shipping containers and trailer optimization
- Additional added value at RMF performed so parts could go directly to customer assembly with no extra handling
- Designed and implemented new tooling to reduce operation times
- Product lead-time reduced from 10 days to 5 days
- Increased shipping capacity by 100%
- Decrease assembly time at customer by 5 minutes per part
Manage fluctuating order volumes.
- Customer product demand fluctuates in both directions, making forecasting difficult
- Multiple Inventory Options – Kan Ban, JIT, On Demand, Customer Site Pull System, etc….
- Production capabilities with 25% flex ability to meet demand spikes
- Lean systems that accommodate lower than expected runs in order to maintain pricing
- Team based work force that can flex quickly to move to the critical area and avoid backlogs
- 5-8 days lead-times that allow for quick introduction of new orders, no machines tied up for weeks
- Multiple options for value added assembly to reduce your production line time
- Smooth product flow to the line, avoiding costly line shut downs
- Ability to order what is needed and avoiding unwanted inventory
- Flexible delivery and production options that fit your unique operations requirements
Keep up with high order volumes.
- Production volumes have increased to the point soft tooling pricing and capabilities can’t meet my demand
- Options for enhanced soft tooling volume efficiencies to control tooling cost for short term spikes
- Hard tool stamping that allows for higher volume and cost improvements
- Roll forming in house with similar benefits of hard tooling
- Part costs decreased by 30-60%
- Less handling and improved quality and repeatability
- improved lead-time by 20-50% from standard
RMF can help maximize capacity in a variety of ways. Sometimes an investment in automated equipment, or a tooling or manufacturing cell redesign can help streamline production.
- Hard Tooling options including Roll Forming and Stamping – Learn more about our capabilities
- New equipment to maximize efficiency
- Customer-focused cells
Shorten lead times.
- Lead-times that match my assembly demand
- Consistent lead-times that don’t change when my supplier is busy
- Standard lead-times of 4-10 days
- Flexible manufacturing layout to accommodate spikes
- Engaged, cross-trained, team based workforce that flex to where needed
- JIT, VMI, Kan Ban, Min/Max Stock, order qty’s that match your requirements
- Line downtime reduced
- Eliminate on-site inventory
- A partner that can stay one step ahead
Meet exacting quality standards.
- Supplier quality is stopping production and forcing us to do an incoming inspection
- Level 1 PPAP certifications on all projects
- Customized quality checks that match customer requirements
- Quality process is designed into each production step, and monitored by every employee
- Critical dimension checked per design requirements
- Visual tools and gages used to check quality in process; Poka Yoke, visual samples, operator inline checks
*RMF isn’t perfect. Our goal is continuous improvement and our dedication is to teamwork, learning and growth.
- Parts can safely be delivered to the line with no customer checks needed
- Quality information delivered to customer prior to part delivery
- Line efficiency improvement and reduced customer quality issues during assembly